Field Service Engineer (Location Born)
Mitsubishi Motors Europe BV (MME) is the European headquarters based in Amstelveen and Born of Mitsubishi Motors
Corporation (MMC). In 2016 Mitsubishi Motors Corporation became part of the world’s largest Automotive Alliance, the
As of October 1st 2018, MME re-established the European vehicle sales & marketing activities, from our office in Amstelveen in the Amsterdam area.
From our office in Amstelveen we provide
- Vehicle Sales & Pricing for European distributors
- Marketing, Product Management, EV Business and Network Development
From our European headquarters in Born, we provide;
- Sales, Marketing and Product Planning of Mitsubishi Motors parts & accessories for the European market.
- After sales service support for the European distributors of Mitsubishi Motors products
- Technical Field Service support, Training, Product Quality Management, Service Literature and Warranty to our distributors
- Parts distribution and vehicle Supply Chain Management.
Our culture is best described as international, direct, informal, and very involved.
For our Field Quality department we are looking for a Field Service Engineer.
Purpose of the job
To provide technical support to the market and collect data/information/parts for product quality improvements to MMC and manufacturers.
- PQR (Product Quality Reporting) coordination and priority setting to TCS (manufacturer/R&D)
- Coordinate information flow between manufacturers and field by PQR
- Improve customer satisfaction by setting right priorities for product quality improvements
- Supervise pre-delivery rectification campaigns, service- and recall campaigns
- Organize and maintain technical/service communication between manufacturer and field
- Organize and facilitate Top Concern Meetings with distributor(s) and manufacturers (MMC/MMTh.)
- Field representative in communication with external manufacturers or suppliers
- Instruct and train the distributor staff to collect product quality information following the MMC standards
- Service engineer for dedicated Mitsubishi model and/or product group
- Establish new model launch activities of vehicles/technologies
- Agree and prepare for market surveys for technical investigations with MMC engineering or manufacturer. Collecting data and samples from in use vehicles
- Judge and approve Goodwill claims (out of warranty) by technical and commercial reasoning for dedicated models
- Advising role in order to achieve process improvements in service related areas
- Set up service and maintenance bench market studies for future vehicle development
- Advise in warranty cost reduction initiatives (to Warranty department)
- Advise Parts and Accessory department with development of new products
- Advise MME parts department in defining order forecast for potential “high demand” parts to control stock and avoid customer back orders
- Total warranty budget (shared responsibility Field Service/Warranty dep.): €70 mln annual
- Goodwill budget: €1.5 mln annual
- Bachelor degree (Automotive, Technical)
- > 8 years experience at automotive manufacturer (or tier 1, supplier)
- Working experience at HQ level (preferred Japanese company)
- Preferred dealer/distributor working experience in After Sales
- Good social skills
- Good communicator, influential attitude and pro-active mindset
- Good negotiation skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good financial awareness cost/benefit/customer satisfaction (helicopter view)
- Professional level in English language (legal), additional language preferable
- Proficient using MS Office
- Multicultural awareness
- Automotive minded
- A challenging position to drive your ambition and career to the next level.
- Competitive salary and employee benefits.
- Bonus and pension scheme.
Send your application and CV in English to:
Do you have any questions about this vacancy? Do not hesitate to send an email to email@example.com
Acquisition further to this advertisement is not appreciated.